It's time to link up with Katie's MIMM fun.
Before we look at Monday, let's rewind to the weekend.
I love weekends. The chance to slow down, sleep in, and spend quality time with those you love.
I took the time to do something that I haven't done in about three weeks. Something that was
LONG overdue! Saturday morning started with a relaxing DIY Facial, and was just what my skin
needed. Here's how I did it...
DIY 'At-Home' Facial
What you will need -
- gentle facial cleanser
- exfoliating scrub
- face mask (clay-based for oily skin, cream or gel mask for dry skin)
- face moisturizer
- Clean. Remove all makeup and then wash your face, and neck with a good facial cleanser.
- Exfoliate. Using your fingers gently rub an exfoliating facial scrub in small circular motions all over your face. Make sure you focus on areas around your nose and forehead. If certain areas of your face are oilier than others, give that section an extra scrub.
- Steam. There are a few ways to steam your face (over the stove, using a steamer), but the safest way is to do the washcloth trick. Fill your sink with warm water and soak a washcloth in it. Ring out the cloth and then press it to your face. Repeat this 2 to 3 times.
- Mask. If you have oily skin, use a clay mask. For dry skin, choose a hydrating cream or gel mask. Depending on the mask, leave it on for the suggested amount of time and then rinse completely.
- Hydrate. Last by not least, moisturize! Smooth your favorite moisturizer over your face and neck.
This facial is gentle enough to do twice per week, if you have the time. :)
My weekend also involved watching movies on the Hallmark Channel, shopping, a cheeseburger
from Five Guy's, fro yo, a nap, sushi, and Hubby cooking dinner! It was a great weekend, except for
ONE thing... No exercise. Boo that!
I've got to work on that! I have no good excuse, I just plain didn't make the time to get in a
workout. I usually take a walk, or do yoga on the weekends, but this time, it just never happened.
I WILL work on it, and I DO plan to start fresh today! What better time to get back on track than
on Marvelous Monday?! And next Monday, I WILL have a great sweat sesh to tell you about!
one more reason that today is going to be marvelous,
No work for me + no school for Ladybug = Happy Happy Happy Monday!
What are you doing today?
Are you off work?
Do you keep up with your furbabies' birthdays?